The New Amsterdam Bicycle Show is thrilled to announce the addition of Raleigh Bicycles andBicycling Magazine as recent sponsors. Raleigh Bicycles will be setting up a huge exhibit at the show, featuring their new and classic bikes along with other amazing brands such as Bern Unlimited, Biomega, Jamis and Specialized.
Bicycling Magazine, along with SRAM, will be sponsoring BIKELANDIA—the seminar section of the show, featuring readings, discussions, presentations and artwork throughout the day. Headlining BIKELANDIA will be a panel on urban youth cycling programs, led by editors from Bicycling Magazine, along with other influential cycling figures. The panel will include editors from Bicycling Magazine and noted bicycle bloggers. BIKELANDIA will also feature Anne Lutz Fernandez reading from her book Carjacked, followed by a Q&A with the author. Caroline Samponaro, the TA’s director of bicycle advocacy, will also speak about safety and cycling issues in New York City. New York Press’ Gut Instinct columnist, Joshua M. Bernstein, will discuss bicycling safety and protocol.
- Bike giveaways from Sweden’s Bike My Me and Cooper Bikes USA
- Farmcart, the Bushwick-based caterers, will be pedal-pushing delicious sandwiches and treats
- La Colombe Torrefaction, the world-renowned coffee-roasting company-roasting at the show
- An urban bicycle fashion show produced by H.U.B and designer Nona Varnando
- Kissena Cycling Club will be hosting fantastic stationary roller races
- A hand-built bicycle row featuring A.N.T., Horse Cycles, Folk Engineered, Hold Fast, and Royal H
- An indoor demo area to test-drive bicycles
- Hourly bicycle helmet giveaways from Nutcase
- More activities to come – to see our expanding list of our exhibitor’s click here
Tickets are now available online here, and cost $15 for general admission in advance and $20 day of the event. The show will benefit Transportation Alternatives, the advocacy group dedicated to reclaiming the city’s streets from automobiles. TA representatives will be on hand to provide valet bicycle parking to guests, as well as safe and useful bicycling tips for new New York City cyclists.
Author of The Bicycle Diaries, musician and bicycle advocate David Byrne added: “TA has been in the forefront of helping rebalance our priorities as far as urban transportation goes. For too many decades, we all just rolled over and gave the automobile whatever it, the oil companies and the carmakers wanted. Now we know better—cars are a wonderful invention, but there are greener ways to get around this city. Having a good life in our cities is possible, and these folks are helping bring us closer to that goal.”
We invite all bike makers and lifestyle products related to bicycling on a global level to become involved. Tofind out more about tickets for this event, how to become a sponsor or how to become an exhibitor at The New Amsterdam Bicycle Show, please visit http://www.newambikeshow.com.